Wednesday, March 6, 2013

The Daily 5 Project - Updating my Classroom Libary and Listening Center!

Earlier this year, I was lucky enough to receive a grant for my classroom.  This grant was to be used for any type of classroom project to enhance student learning.  It was the first-ever grant I've received since I started teaching 10 years ago, so I was very excited to be able to use the money to finally be able to get some of those things that have been on my teacher "wish list" for so long!  I spent the bulk of my money at Scholastic.com, and I was able to order over 30 book titles, as well as about 12 books on CD for my listening center! 




I also bought 4 portable CD players for our listening center.  I went with COBY CX-CD114, they are very easy for my students to use and very durable! 





Now, my students are able to update their self-selected "book bags" once a week in our classroom library, where they get to pick 4 "good fit" books that are at their reading level. 








I also rotate about 6-8 students through our listening center each day, so they get the opportunity to listen to a story of their choice at least once a week. 





No comments:

Post a Comment