Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Counting Down to the End of the Year!

I don't know about you all, but as much as I love my class... I'm so ready for this school year to be over!  This is the time of year when I tend to go into "panic mode".  There's so much to do, and so little time to get it all done!  Does your "to do" list sound anything like this?  Let's see... end-of-year fluency and math assessments, writing samples, entering scores into the computer (40 question test times 32 student), report cards, student cum files and all the paperwork that goes along with that, and cleaning and organizing my classroom.  On top of all that, we've got a field trip to a swimming pool next week, I've got a step-son graduating from high school (with a big graduation party here at our house), and we are also putting on a class play!  Needless to say, things are a little cRaZy!!!  I know I'm not alone here, so I'd love to hear from you all and how you're dealing with this end-of-year madness? 

On the bright side, once everything is done in my classroom, I can relax and enjoy the summer at home with my three little ones!  My kids are 8, 4, and 2, and this will be the first summer I have not worked summer school in years!  I can't wait!  I am so looking forward to SLEEPING IN (as much as my kids will let me), trips to the park, days at the beach, and a few little family getaways!  I'm also very excited to be able to spend more time blogging and working on my TpT store! 

So... just to let you know that I've actually been productive these past few weeks... here are a few pics from my classroom! 

Our Eric Carle inspired collage projects!  This took over a week of sketching, painting, and cutting, but I'm so happy with how they turned out! 

Working on our Mother's Day projects!

All ready for Open House. 

Working on our Pocketful of Poems unit.  We brainstorm ideas and write our "rough draft" in our student journals first!

No comments:

Post a Comment