Friday, April 26, 2013

Sweet Ideas for Mom!

Mother's Day is right around the corner, so I thought I'd share some of my favorite class projects to create for this special day!




One of my most FAVORITE things to make with my students are these absolutely gorgeous tissue paper flowers.  I know they look complicated, but they're really not!  What I love the most about creating these with my class is to see the looks on the students' faces when they realize that they actually created these beautiful things all by themselves!  If I get time, I will post step by step instructions later, but for now... you can find a pretty decent tutorial here.







Another one of my favorites is the classic coupon book.  It's such a cute, simple idea that kids love to make and moms love to receive.   I had a hard time finding a coupon template that I liked, so I made my own!  I then decided to jazz it up a little by mounting it on cute scrapbook paper, punching a small hole in the side, and tying some cute ribbon on it.  Here's the  finished product, along with another creation - my little twist on the classic teapot card, my "Cup o' Tea for Mom" Craftivity:





Teapot card front...

Cup o' Tea for mom (inside) with poem, and cup & tea bag for mom on the right!















































I've put all of these cute little projects (with the exception of the tissue paper flowers) plus a few more goodies in my "All About Mom" download on TpT.

Here's a little sneak peek at all of the goodies included in this file:
I'll be throwing a sale in my TpT store tomorrow (Saturday) through Monday!  You can grab this pack of Mother's Day Printables in English and Spanish for only $2.40! 

3 comments:

  1. They are so much fun to make, Angela! Thanks so much for stopping by! I'll be checking out your blog, too!

    :) Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to try your tissue paper flowers with my grade 4 class! I am useless at crafting, so I'm hoping they are easy enough for us! I couldn't find a tutorial on the link you have here, could you send me another link or tell me how to find it?
    Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete